St. Anne College of Lucena did it again! They “took the cake” during the recently-concluded 11th Goldilocks Intercollegiate Cake Decorating Challenge (ICDC) held at the Trinoma Mall in Quezon City.
More specifically, they took the top prizes in both the Travel and Festival category before being named as back-to-back ICDC champions. Western Institute of Technology came next winning the top prize in the Wedding Category.
Goldilocks ICDC 2017
Since 2006, Goldilocks has been staging its annual cake decorating event in order to give college students a venue to showcase their creativity and talents.
Nearly 100 entries were pre-judged in order to determine the top 11 finalists. Selected schools to send their five-man teams to the competition included the following:
- Calayan Educational Foundation Inc.
- West Visayas State University
- University of Cebu
- Western Institute of Technology-Iloilo
- Gabriel Taborin College of Davao
- Holy Cross of Davao College
- Technological University of the Philippines
- Asian College-Quezon City
- Pangasinan State University
- Lyceum University- Laguna
- St. Anne College of Lucena
Fusion of Passion
The overarching theme of this year’s ICDC was “Fusion”, which meant that the teams had to integrate the arts of fashion, sculpture and painting into three different cake creations corresponding to Wedding, Travel, and Festival motifs.
Each team was given only four (4) hours to create cake designs under each category, which resulted in a highly-charged and exciting afternoon.
The expert judges consisted notable judges:
- Penk Ching
- Heny Sison
- Pixie Reyes
- Fil Purugganan of Goldilocks
- Patrick Ong of Avoset Pour N’ Whip (co-sponsor)
NomNom Club witnessed the whole day of cake decorating and challenges while the public, media, and spectators were watching in anticipation until the judges scored the cake entries and the winners finally announced.