My wife loves cooking pasta dishes. She makes sure to cook a pasta dish at least once a week.
We’ve been a bit busy in the recent weeks with work and blogger engagements. Just last week, we were invited by Forever 21 and Karat World for two Philippine Fashion Week shows so we came home a bit late.
Wifey decided to take it easy the next morning with a simple, yet healthy dish called Tuna Pasta Salad.
It was a good break from our usual American breakfast composed of bread + spread or cornflakes meal.
She choose to use Dona Elena Al Dente fusilli pasta made healthier with a boost of protein from San Marino Tuna Flakes. The easy-open can made it even quicker to prepare.
It was complemented with Teriyaki dressing, generous organic lettuce, and grape fruit.
We’ve been long-time users of San Marino products since we got married last year and it has been almost a staple in the grocery list.
Check out the complete recipe below after the photo breaks.
- 1 Pack Dona Elena Al Dente Fusilli Pasta
- 1 Easy-Open Can San Marino Tuna Flakes
- Grape Fruit
- ½ cup Japanese Dressing
- ¼ cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- A dash of Pepper for seasoning
- Boil a liter of water before putting in the Fussili pasta. Cook to preference.
- Mix ½ cup japanese dressing, ¼ cup teriyaki sauce, 2 tbsp sesame oil for the dressing.
- Mix the cooked Dona Elena aldente pasta and the dressing.
- Add the lettuce, drain the San Marino Tuna Flakes and add
- Finally, put the grapes fruit on top for food styling purposes and a refreshing taste to complement the greens
Viola! An instant pasta dish for a busy work week! What’s better is that it was made healthier by the San Marino Tuna Flakes. As a protein source, it’s a good match for busy people like me and my wife. It can be used in a lot of other recipes too!
Eat well and keep it healthy!
*The last 5 photos taken with a Samsung NX3000 camera.