The usual macaroni salad we are familiar with need not be boring. You can make it healthier and add a twist to it in a jiffy! Turn it into a Spicy Tuna Macaroni Salad!
Jazz up your ordinary macaroni salad recipe by using the San Marino Tuna Flakes Hot & Spicy variant. This will even make the Filipino favourite a healthier appetizer because of its natural tuna goodness.
Here is the Spicy Tuna Macaroni Salad Recipe:
- 1 package elbow macaroni
- 1 can San Marino Tuna Flakes, Hot and Spicy, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 small can or pouch Del Monte Pineapple chunks
- 1 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 cup chopped Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish, if desired
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium stalk celery, chopped (1/2 cup)
1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- Cook macaroni as directed on package.
- You may add green peas on the last 3 minutes of cooking time.
- Rinse with cold water and drain.
- In large bowl, mix macaroni and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate, serve chilled.
There you go! Add flavour and zest to your macaroni salad by turning it to a Tuna Macaroni Salad with this recipe!